Equality and Diversity Policy
- It is the policy of Elderflower Legal (‘the Company’) to deal with its employees, associates, lay and professional clients, and applicants for any position (and all others who have dealings with the Company) without distinction by reference to race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sex, pregnancy and maternity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or any other types of discrimination which the law may in future prohibit (the “protected characteristics”).
- In particular, Elderflower Legal is committed to ensuring that employees and associates are selected without discrimination, that discriminatory considerations play no part in the allocation of work within the Company, and that no instructions are accepted from persons who seek to select legal advisors on a discriminatory basis.
- Where an individual has a disability, Elderflower Legal is committed to ensuring that we comply with our duty to make reasonable adjustments.
- Further, the Company does not permit or condone harassment related to any of the protected characteristics. Elderflower Legal has a separate policy against harassment.
- Accordingly, the Company adopts the BSB’s Guidelines on the Equality and Diversity Provisions of the Code of Conduct (“the Guidelines”), including amendments to it from time to time, when dealing (in relation to its staff and clients) with any issues relating to the law guaranteeing equal treatment and prohibiting discrimination on any of the protected characteristics. In so far as the provisions of the Code are mandatory the Company will follow them and requires all directors, associates and staff to do so.
- Where the Guidelines constitute guidance and/or encouragement, the Company will have regard to such guidance and encouragement and will follow it (unless there is a good and lawful reason not to), in so far as it is applicable to the Company and the areas of law which we practise.
- In addition to this Equality and Diversity Policy Statement, the Company has adopted the following further policy documents:
7.1 Harassment Policy Statement;
7.2 Staff Parenting and Flexible Working Policy Statement
7.3 Grievance Procedure
- The Company has appointed Mark Johnson as its Equality and Diversity Officer and he is responsible for ensuring this policy is implemented effectively. He can be contacted on 01625 260577, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any disclosure considered by the maker to be, or possibly to be, a qualifying and protected public interest disclosure under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 and/or Part 4A of the Employment Rights Act 1996, may be made to the Equality and Diversity Officer, who will be responsible for taking such action as he considers appropriate on receipt of it.
Adopted: May 2015
Revised: May 2018
Next Review: May 2019